Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Crock Pot Delimma

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Last Friday, my friends and I went to the mall on a mission; to purchase my mother a Crock Pot for Christmas. Our current Crock Pot is from the 80s, and I think its about time we get a new one. I had researched all these Crock Pots, and had decided the model I wanted, everything was set. We went to Macys, and I found my CrockPot, while also paying a small fortune for the thing. Instead of putting my dear Crock Pot in a bag, the lady at the counter attached this strap thing to it, leaving me to carry a freaking Crock Pot all through the mall.

Great.

So I carry the heavy thing for about two more hours, and I get quite a few odd stares. We counted 17, not to mention the "Can I help you? Nice Crock Pot." as we entered each store.

After the mall, I came home and wrapped my lovely present, and set it under the tree. Victory!

Today, my mother was looking through her Crock Pot cookbook, and I dropped the hint "Wouldn't It be nice if you had a new Crock Pot? One you could fit a chicken in?" Then she goes "Yes. But no one get me a Crock Pot!

AIJKLFJLAKFJALKFJAKGJSKDJGS NOW WHAT. I can't drive 45 minutes to go get another present. She is just going to have to deal with her dumb Crock Pot. Ugh, thanks mom.

10 comments:

Ali said...

WTF?!?!

What the heck!?!? I wonder why she would drop hints & then say "no one get me a crock pot"! What the heck. That makes no sense!

I'm so sorry Elle. I hope she likes it anyways.

Have a GREAT-TASTIC CHRISTMAS!

Manga Dork said...

That so sucks!
My mom is like that to..
Have a AWESOME Christmas anyway!

Natalie said...

I would be going UIEOFHGIFAJKASF too! That really sucks! She said it would be nice to have it, so why wouldn't she want anyone to get it for her? Hmph! D: Hopefully she'll still like it anyway.

My mom is really hard to shop for too, she always says she doesn't want anyone to get her anything. Why must moms be so grrrfull? :P

Natalie said...

Oh, and I hope that you have a great Christmas anyways! (:

LiNDZ! said...

awwh i bet she was just kidding, you know when you say you dont want something for your birthday because its so expensive, but secretly you have a sliver of hope that you'll get it.

Abby said...

Oh, bummer! I feel really sorry for you! My mom is just like that, too! All she says she wants for christmas is to have a good family time.

Ho, Ho, Ho!

Merry Christmas!

Natalie said...

Don't worry, I leave pretty long comments sometimes too...

Hahaha, the present for your brother is genius! I bet the look on his face will be priceless.

And yep, I go to the same school as Annie! We did get laptops for school, but at school a lot of sites including Blogger are blocked. But apparently the people didn't realize that the websites aren't blocked when we use the Internet at home, and no one has told the school this yet, so we use them anyway (;

And it still doesn't feel like Christmas, despite it being Christmas Eve! Probably because it's cold and rainy. Blah :P

mariposa said...

Oh, that's too bad! She'll probably feel terrible for saying it later though. Hope you had a great Christmas anyways!

Btw, I like the look of your blog - purple's my favorite color :)

Mella said...

Jacob Black=insanely hot and very wise.

=P

*Sitting by a tree* said...

heyyy! check out "true" the post right after this one, and you will find another more important comment i comment one your blog. see ya later. the next best thing since. wait! i have a joke.. so please don;t laugh at the ratardness because i made it up myself... its like a ya mamma joke, but a yo papa joke..here it is; your daddy is sooo old that he knew burger king when it was just a prince! :) ha ha!