Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Si Si Puede,

PEACE Pictures, Images and Photos


Yes We Can.

America Fererra had it right.

For the past five minutes, I've basically been sitting in front of the TV crying, tears of happiness. 50 years ago in America, our country was segregated. Blacks and whites couldn't go to the same restaurants, use the same water fountains, we were divided as a country.

Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream that one day, we as Americans could come together as a country, despite our differences. Today his dream came true. I am proud to announce Barrack Obama as the 44th president of the United States of America. The past 21 months have been a long, hard road, but we made it! Congratulations Mr. President! I can't wait to see what happens next :)

9 comments:

Ali said...

YAY!!!!!!!! It's so amazing, this win!! It's so historic and I'm so happy that Barrack Obama won!!! The 44th President of the United States of America!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY ELLE!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natalie said...

I can't believe that so much has changed in 50 years. Martin Luther King Jr. would be so proud, I wish he was alive to see Obama's win! It was so cool how we could be part of such a historic election in history, even when we didn't actually vote.

I thought it was really sad how Obama's grandmother died the day before the election though, she didn't stay alive to see if he really did win or not ):

Darling. said...

I was a part of history.

How did you make the header?

Elle said...

my friend made it
and the background.
photoshop cs3.

Cait said...

Very cool post. Love the music..perfect for the post...

Elle said...

its from the Target commercial!
Haha
and thanks. :)

Jules said...

a lot of people from the philippines are proud to what americans did in the election this time. u have finally let go of a trend that is continuously destroying your country. i hope the US will now consider international peace as part of its agenda and let the United Nations work on its own.

I am not really into politics but I hope and pray that obama will start healing the wounds that was caused by your previous administrations. :) COngratulations, OBama and thanks for posting this, Elle! :)

Rose Valentine said...

Yes. History has been made. :)

☮krystal☮ said...

wow... great pic... i love it