Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Condolences to the Tree Man

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This morning before church I was in a rush trying to apply my makeup. While brushing foundation along my cheek I noticed something; a freckle. Then I notices something else, another freckle! and another, and another, and another, and another. There was a direct line of freckles from the corner of my nose all the way down to my shoulder. Now I usually don't mind my Nick Jonas-esque freckles, but this is ridiculous!!
All during church this got me thinking, what if they start out a freckles, but turn into moles? Or warts?! What if, Heaven forbid, I turn into the tree man!?
Poor Dede, bless his little heart. This guy, was in an accident when he was 15, then BAM! Started growing moles everywhere. His hands and feet turned into what looks like tree branches, or...part of a tree. He couldn't work or support his family, his body was just covered in pounds of warts. Gross I know, but incredibly sad too.
Thankfully the tree man is getting medical help now, but I feel so bad for him. So lesson to you, and myself, next time you are upset about the freckles that may be scattered across your nose, or in my case, in a line down your neck, remember it could always be worse. Be thankful for what you have, be thankful for not resembling a tree.

12 comments:

Natalie said...

Aww, I like freckles! I think they're pretty cute (; I wish I had some. But then those that have them wish they don't. Everyone always wants what they don't have ):

But argh! I would not like them if they all turned into warts and I turned into something tree-like. He is a great reminder to everyone that things could always be worse, so count your blessings. I just researched the Tree Man a little bit, and found a picture of him after his surgeries. He looks a million times better! It's incredible what medicine can do these days.

Ali said...

I'm very thankful for what I have. And I watched the show on TLC on the Tree Man. It was very sad. I'm so thankful I do not resemble a tree. Very thankful.

*Sitting by a tree* said...

I love to read your posts. They make me have something to look forward to when I'm freakishly bored of the same routintes. I wish more people would comment on my blog. Please comment Elle. Thanks and once again love this post.

Sachan said...

Hey, just wanna tell you that I'm following your blog. I know it's obvious and all, but there's no harm saying hi. Rock On!

Natalie said...

Actually, I just saw The Strangers the other night when I slept over at my friend's house! That's kind of a random question haha, how did you know? You must have magical powers :D But yeah, I thought it just dragged out way too long... the movie could have been five minutes and had basically the same thing. :P

☮krystal☮ said...

OMJ i loved it... lol... it was awesome!!!

Elle said...

What? The Strangers?

(: diana! said...

haha you're right. This freckle/tree resemblance thing could apply to everything though!

Manga Dork said...

I would hate to look like a tree.It would be very hard.
I wonder what surgerys they do on him?

Mella said...

I think freckles are cute even when you are older than 10!

Hey! I just clicked on your blog randomly and was reading your about me section and I couldn't help but laugh at this part:

...although when you drive to school in the moring and see the line of tractors in the parking lot you suddently realize how redneck you really are. I wonder what people with fancy accents in other countries would think of me...

I think most people would envy you. It must be so nice to have so much closure and all the nature around you. Maybe it would be weird if there aren't many people to talk to but trust me when I say we ENVY you. =DD

Ali said...

hey elle! where are you? and i changed my URL to www.imaflightlessbird.blogspot.com ok?? thanks

ellie said...

freckles are cool. good post.