Sunday, September 21, 2008

Did I mention I hate retainers?

So here's the deal. I have a retainer. I HATE my retainer. It broke for the fourth time in six months about five minutes ago. Ugh. Since getting my two original retainers made in April, I have needed to get two new ones make because I keep freaking breaking them! I don't know what it is... I have never thrown them away, let them near the dog, or anything like that. I just take them out and they simply...break. My mother is not happy.

In other news fall break is in less than three weeks. What does one without a life do with a whole week to themselves? Since starting this new school I have no friends, so you can mark "spending time with friends" off the list. I could always go back and spend the week at my old school, but that is a little pathetic on my part. I am thinking about getting a job, so there is that option. Really all I want to do is travel. When my mom was young, she traveled all over the world, I guess that is where I get my need to see the world from. The problem is, the farthest we have ever gone is DisneyWord, and I live in Kentucky. Her idea of a fun vacation is going on the "Lincon Trail" which is going to lots of musems and basically stalking the guy. She wants to get a cabin in North Carolina when A) I think I have been there more than anyother state minus Ohio and Tennasee because we border them and B) No matter where we go we always rent a cabin in the middle of the woods. Always.

I REALLY want to go to Maine. You have no idea. Sadly, I don't think we will end up in Maine, and I will go into great detail later, but this post is getting kindof long and I don't want to bore you.

Be looking for my photography, coming up in later posts.
And a big thanks to all the people who have commented/followed this blog. You guys make my day :)

Have a great monday!
Elle

4 comments:

Darling. said...

Oh My Gosh Elle I'm so sorry!

I knew I couldn't come up with that on my own!!

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry!!!!

Darling. said...

Did you get that from a book?
You know the new blog description.

Hmm. I think it's from Elsewhere or A Corner of the Universe?

Oh, and I don't know how your post got deleted. I sure didn't erase it. I better look into that.

Darling. said...

You've broken your retainer five times? Ouch. Your mom really should be mad. hehe.

Anyways, at least you get fall break. I don't get a break till the end of December. But I know what you mean. I hate not having any friends and that's exactly what I don't have, friends.

I mostly spend my time locked up inside my house reading and blogging. It really sucks. I'm looking foward to the day that I actually make a friend I can talk about anything with.

I also wish I could travel. Well at least I'm going to New York in Thanksgiving. That's a start. Right?

Ali said...

Don't worry Elle. I HATE my retainer too!! I broke it like 3 weeks ago and it still has not gotten fixed! I have had it since December and this my 2nd time it's been broken!! By the way HAPPY FIRST DAY OF FALL!! I'm soooooo glad it's not summer anymore!!