Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Seventeen

Memories are fading...

There were 17 of us, and for the past nine years we had always been there for eachother. Through the laughs and the heartbreaks. If you fell, someone was always there to pick you up. And that building, as old as it was, was home. Spending practically your whole life at a Catholic school changes you. I've been growing up in a little bubble, sheltered from all the bad, and all the hate. A few weeks ago, that bubble was popped. Here I am, high school. Wow. I never thought that day would come. You know, it's odd; you spend your whole life trying to get out of somthing, then when you do, all you want is to go back.


All of us are now split up between 3 differant schools. Sure we still talk, but it will never be the same. I miss my 17, I miss being able to shine, I miss being able to show myself as I really am. This highschool thing isn't as easy as it looks. I would give anything to go back to how it was. But I can't. "Only the foolish dwell in the past, the wise look towards the future" is a quote I once heard, and I don't plan on being a fool. But i'm walking on a new path now, and I'm pretty sure it's not the path I want to be on.

3 comments:

Kileigh said...

A beautiful post, as much as it is sad.
I've never been that close to my classmates, as I have never been to a Catholic school, but I feel great empathy for you.
I'm in high school too, and I'm gradually making new friends. (I'm going to a different school because of this program I was accepted into; only four other people got accepted from my middle school.) So, I guess, I sorta what it's like.

I hope you make more close friends soon.

Ali said...

Oh man, that's really quite sad Elle. I'm sorry.

Darling. said...

Wow.

I had spent the last few years of my life wanting to get out of the school I was in and now all I want is to go back to.

But now I will follow that quote.
Because it's true.