Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My name isn't on that list, guess no one knows that I exist...

Today was a very happy day for my mom.

First, we were driving to my piano lesson and we saw they had changed the billboard (this happens to be a big thing in my town. *coughcough* redneck!). Well to my mom's delight it was an add for an Abe Lincoln convention. Well...guess I know where i'll be in two weeks. Oh. joy.

As if that wasn't enough, we came home, and saw on the news that there are going to be five new pennies all dedicated to Abraham Lincoln, one of which has his Kentucky log cabin on it. She about had a cow.

Now about this title. I didn't get the part in the play I tried out for, like I didn't see that coming. Well...on the bright side, this gives me a better chance of being able to go to Maine. Hopefully. Tommorow my mother and I are making the half an hour drive to our nearest bookstore in an effort to get a Maine travelbook. Well...actually my mom is too cheap to buy the book, since she is still not sure if we are going, so we are going to bring paper and "take notes" (???). That woman. Well...back to the play thing, I made my song of the day (>>) So Much Better from Legally Blonde the Musical, just in case you have never heard it, and were questioning the title. (The Laura Bell version bytheway. Sorry Bailey fans, Laura Bell is the true Elle)

So for English we have to write this feature article, and mine is about how Wal-Mart is bad for America. Some of the facts are shocking. If you get really bored check out wakeupwalmart.com, the things you see might surprise you. Anyways, I have a question; are you for or against Wal-Mart? Dedicated shopper or most likely to get arrested for protesting? Sometimes I think I am the only one in my whole town who doesn't want a Wal-Mart, because I know if they add one all the small local businesses are going to go kaput. And that thought makes me really sad.

Until tomorrow,
Elle

(P.S. Demi Lovato's new album "Don't Forget" came out yesterday. Go buy it! It is AMAZING.)

6 comments:

Ali said...

I am SO going to buy Demi's new cd! Hmm...am I for or against walmart? I have to say...not sure on that. I'm sorry you didn't get the part Elle. Hopefully you can go to Maine now! Where do you live anyways?

Cait said...

I try to avoid Walmart as much as possible. I don't like the crowds. And yeah, they tend to buy out small towns, too...& maybe even our lives as well.

All the best on your paper.

Natalie said...

Abe Lincoln covention? That sounds.. *cough* interesting (; Aw, that sucks that you didn't get the part that you tried out for ): Hopefully it does give you a better chance for Maine though, and then it will be worth it. And I don't like hate WalMart or anything, but we barely ever go there, we usually go to Coscto.

I tagged yoyu! Here are the Rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules in your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged bloggers’ blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

Darling. said...

Your mom is Abe Lincoln obsessed huh?

Sorry you didn't get the part, but hopefully, maybe, it gives you a higher chance of going to Maine.

And Wal-mart? Hm. I really don't know how I feel about that. But they really shouldn't open anymore. I mean just to kick out small buisnesses? Come on. They have like billions of dollars already how much more could they need?

Abby said...

Hey! Check my blog out!! I added sweet new pics! Hmm...For or against walmart?? Well, me and my family go shopping there for groceries, so for! Yaye! You might get to go to Maine afterall! I'm sooo happy for you!Oh, and by the way, I am going to:

wakeupwalmart.com

Thanks!
Peace!!
Abby!

Darling. said...

Ah. Thanks Elle. I have about 2 years till I start highschool and on my first day of middle I just about cried it was awful, so I see what you mean.

About the story, I totally agree with you. I hate naive people. Oh. My. Gosh. I hadn't thought of that until you mentioned it. Uh. It's so annoying when someone doesn't get something that I find so easy to understand. The Sarah Palin and Jonas Brothers story? I even got it and I'm not much a fan of either.

I think that's another reason I find it hard to make friends because most of them are just so stupid that it's hard for me to be around them. It's like there not up on current events. All they care about is who likes who blah,blah,blah.

1,600 chances? That really lifted my spirits. Thanks Elle. Your really a great person.