Thursday, October 16, 2008

The closest I got to Maine was Red Lobster.

NEVER AGAIN.
Yes, this week has been utterly boring, in fact, I'm surprised that I haven't been blogging every single day at least four or five times. I haven't seen any of my friends, and before today I hadn't even left the house since Saturday, except to take the dog out. No joke.
My mom decided that because we couldn't go to Maine, at least we could go to Red Lobster, which in Kentucky, is about as close as you can get. So the minute we walked to to Red Lobster I almost gagged. It smelled like a nursing home. Seriously. I was disgusted. And all the people there were over the age of 60. The waitress knew how to fold a walker down, that should tell you something. We ordered calamari and they served it mixed with broccoli. BROCCOLI! That was my first visit to Red Lobster, and I don't think I'll be going back any time soon. The food was really gross, and everything had the word "Maine" in the title. As if I didn't feel bad enough!

After the Red Lobster incident we went to the mall, in search of computer cleaner. My one goal for the break was to clean my laptop really well (I know. I have big goals.) NOT ONE STORE HAD COMPUTER CLEANER! We even went to "Computer World." Nothing. I did get a few sweatshirts though, so that was good. Although at one point my mom thought I had been abducted and almost called the police. Haha.

It was a good "bonding" day with my mother though. All is well.

au revoir!


Elle

4 comments:

Ali said...

Awe, sorry Elle!!! Yeah, I've been to Red Lobster and it really is NOT as good as they make it seem!! And it's pretty over-priced!! The only good thing their would be the cheddar biscuits or whatever they are. Those are the only good thing there!! Hopefully one day you will get to go to Maine!!!

Natalie said...

I actually like Red Lobster sort of, or at least the ever so yummy biscuit thingies like Ali mentioned (: Only the one near me doesn't smell like a nursing home... gross :P But Red Lobster definitely cannot compare to the real thing ):

I hate when you go looking for one specific thing and NO ONE has it, but at least you got a good bonding experience with your mom out of it! (:

Darling. said...

I agree with Natalie. I love Red Lobster. The one by my house does not smell like a Nursing Home at all.

Well don't worry.
You'll get to Maine someday.
Maybe even as soon as you get a car. You'll just drive straight to Maine. So don't worry. You'll get there.

♡♥-$u.™♥♡ said...

I been to red lobster when I was YOUNGER. Haven't gone there since I was 4 or so. It's crazy. OLDER people at red lobster smelling like nursing home. Must of been hard swallowing.