Sunday, October 5, 2008

Meet Sadie.


Otherwise known as the little lady who currently resides at the foot of my bed, Sadie and I have been inseparable for the past four years. Found wandering the streets, a few years back, Sadie was put into a shelter, spending endless nights behind bars, a prisoner of the vast alone. You would never think that now, looking at the two, multi-colored, sparkling eyes staring quietly as I coo "Chub-Chub!". She gives her signature remark, a sarcastic sort of yawn. Sadie is certainly the farthest thing from dumb. I swear, she can understand you. If you talk to her, she will give you her little yawn response, and if you listen closely, it sounds like she is actually speaking. Every morning 6:00 AM sharp, she wakes up to go get my dad and ask for breakfast. No joke, I swear she can tell time. And she never, ever wakes me up, nope Sadie is to smart for that, because if she were to wake me up she would soon find a pillow being slammed in her face.

But good ol' Sade does have her flaws. For one, she is scared to death of rabbits. She will not go near them. In fact, all the rabbits in our neighborhood have learned that no matter how close they get to her, she will never try to attack them. It really is something to watch the rabbits and Sadie. Second, like me, she can be lazy. She enjoys watching TV, and listening to the Jonas Brothers. Sometimes, when I'm doing my homework I'll turn the volume on my iPod down really low, put the headphones on her ears and she listens. Third, she is very devious. Being thoroughly taught not to lounge on the furniture, Sadie always stays away-when we are home. After returning from a trip, no one in our house is surprised to sit down on the couch and find it warm, and covered in hair.

The two of us, Me and Huck, we've been through a lot together. And its pretty crazy how similar we are. She is like a second mother, or maybe a sister, heck even a daughter. Its amazing what she can do, whether it be her impact on my grandmother with Alzheimers, or her score at agility trials. And even though we do have our fall outs, and get mad, she will always and forever be my baby Huckabee.

Pictures (c) ElleBelle



6 comments:

Ali said...

AWW!! She's such a cute dog Elle!!! Tell Sadie I think she's super cute!! I have a beagle and she's the best! Even though she's very stubborn and very loud!! I still love her like no other though!! :D Maybe I will copy you(if that's ok) and put up a post about my beagle Minnie. Is that ok Elle?

PhilO♥ said...

wow!! your dogs so cute. i had a dog named poochi! she died...n i miss her so much. she was a german shepherd...i love dogs!! hope your dog stays with u for a long time....take care and do come back to my blog!! :)

Darling. said...

AW. That's sweet.

Natalie said...

Awww, you're dog is so cute (: And her eyes are just gorgeous! I absolutely love the second picture with the sunglasses, I wish my dog would stay still long enough for me to put a pair on her, haha. She sounds like the best dog ever, even if she does have a few flaws, but then again my dog is terrified of cardboard boxes, so rabbits aren't that bad. Plus you're protecting the little bunnies from being lunch (:

Abby said...

Thanks 4 the prayers!!

Hannah Joy said...

omg my dogs name is sadie, 2! lol