Saturday, October 4, 2008

Here on this winding road we call life.


So yesterday on my way home from school I was thinking about something; this blog. And I thought about how all I do is complain. Then I realized something, does anyone really want to hear me complain? We all have enough problems in our lives, who wants to listen to everybody else's? My goal for this blog was to change the way people feel, and I'm pretty sure my posts so far have been anything but uplifting.

Life isn't perfect, but maybe we should spend more time enjoying the little moments than worrying over the ones that don't mean anything. Take pleasure in the simple times, like running through the ocean with your best friend after a long car ride, sitting in the barn on Christmas morning, or lying in the Church parking lot at 3 AM, freezing cold in the middle of February, stargazing. There are so many times in my life I wish I had savored more.

Sitting here, looking a picture of my old class blowing bubbles and laughing makes me smile. And that's what I want you to do, smile. Life is beautiful, why waste it?

So here's to the good times. The giggles, the grins, the funny faces. Skipping down the side walk, climbing the neighbors tree, dancing in the rain. Be fearless, be free, and let the good times roll.
Until next time,
Elle

3 comments:

Natalie said...

That's great that you're trying to get a new outlook on life. Being positive can really help to keep your spirits up. Life is too short, so why waste it feeling unhappy? Here's to the good times! (:

Darling. said...

Wow. I really love that.

Great post.

Abby said...

That's a really good point! I'll try to keep more in touch with you!

Abby