Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I feel like an onion,


sitting on this deserted porch, all wrapped up in the contents of my closet. Its pretty cold outside, but I don't really mind. Personally, I think the best part of the fall is the cold. I'm not much of a summer person, I like leaves and pumpkins, cider and spices. Every fall I break out the apple cinnamon air freshener, and crank up the Glade Lightshow plug-in thing. The smell drives my brother insane but it makes me pretty darn happy. I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to air freshener, I have every kind Target could possible offer. One for every mood and every season. Mixed with my "soothing sounds" CD, it makes quite the peaceful place.

But right now I'm not in my room, listening to music or sniffing artificial scents. I'm staring at the sky, smelling the air of the Kentucky country. Fall in Kentucky is lovely, almost as lovely as Maine, but...we won't go there. ;). There are so many scenic roads, some that I drive by every day. It can cost millions of dollars just for a few acres of field, that's how pretty it is. Someday maybe I'll be motivated enough to get out of the car with my camera and work some photo magic, but for now I'm just content as I am; sitting on this porch, staring at the sky.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh yes, the Rocket Summer is amazing (:

Fall is such a lovely season! I do love the colors of the leaves and the smell of the crisp air, and of course the apple cider and pumpkin pie and stuffing and all that jazz. I'm not such a fan of the cold though, and once all the leaves drop off and it starts raining every day it starts to get dreary ): But apple cinnamon air fresheners can always brighten your spirits!

Darling. said...

That's Nice.

(:

Ali said...

You make it sound so beautiful, peaceful, and serene. Yeah--I LOVE Fall!!! I love apple cider, cinnamon, pumpkins, Halloween, but most of all the color changes that happen with the leaves!! I find it to be really pretty! Especially up the canyon near my house!

NESTOR said...

Hello from Spain Elle!!

I'm one with a english accent to roar with laughter.Is not really fancy i promise you.

When i think in you, and your cows, and your pumpkins,and your horses and your fall and specially in cold days... I feel peace, and i dream to be here again.

Specially in Maine, on top of the lighthouse with the cold air of the sea in my face.

I been here before and i fell in love, so one day i'll come back to stay forever.

will you come with me to take a walk and eat a lobster?

Thanks to remind me this beautiful place, plaese keep writing about it.

Regards..

Ali said...

Hey Elle--one more thing--soooo sorry!!! I copied you on the Followers thing. sorry!! I didn't even realize i did!! SORRY

Jules said...

i will ad your site to my bloglinks. :) i hope its ok. thanks elle! :)

Jules said...

mine is posted at my blog. thanksgiving is not celebrated in the philippines but it is in workplace. :) love turkey :D